100% FUNDING FOR PRODUCT AND EQUIPMENT PRODUCTION
The Covid-19 Response program is providing up to $5 million in grant/non-refundable funding towards the rapid production of crucial equipment and products needed to address the Covid 19 virus. Current needs, as identified by the Government of Canada, include:
- Virus Screen testing
- Personal protective equipment (e.g. gloves, gowns and masks)
- Hospital equipment (e.g. ventilators, IV and ICY equipment, beds, and technologies for remote facilities)
- Cleaning and sterilization chemicals and equipment
- Antiviral and symptom management treatments (as available)
Funding is up to 100% for projects with immediate impact (i.e. April-June 30, 2020), and up to 50% for projects with impacts/results occurring after June 30th, 2020. Eligible projects include:
- companies looking to develop and manufacture new therapeutics, equipment and products essential for COVID-19 response;
- manufacturers who currently produce essential equipment and products increase product output; and,
- manufacturers transitioning from production of existing products to products essential for COVID-19 response.
Funding is available to Canadian private and public organizations. Applicants must be a member of Next Generation Manufacturing Canada (program organization). Eligible costs include equipment purchases, subcontractor and consultant fees, materials as well as internal project related expenses including labour. It is expected that collaboration will be required to achieve expected project goals. However, in exceptional circumstances, the program may fund individual company initiatives. Total program budget is $50 million.
Comments are closed