$150,000 in Grant Funding for Automotive Manufacturers to Increase Competitiveness
Support for ERP Systems
The Ontario Automotive Modernization Program (O-AMP) offers 50% grant funding up to $150,000 to Ontario-based automotive parts manufacturers for:
- technology adoption– implementing advanced manufacturing hardware, software and/or training to improve processes and competitiveness including ERP systems, production tracking systems and advanced hardware implementation.
- tools and technologies to support new product development– adoption of technologies to assist with the engineering and design of new products, such as Computer-Aided Design & Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAD/CAM) systems, Finite Element Analysis (FEA) software, Design for Manufacturing (DFM) tools, rapid-prototyping tools or other tools to support the New Product Introduction (NPI) process
- lean manufacturing– improving operational efficiency and competitiveness by adopting lean manufacturing techniques and hiring the services of a mentor/consultant to help with lean implementation
Supported project-related costs include:
- Hardware/software installation and setup
- Salaries and benefits
- Sub-contractor and consultant fees
- Training and materials
Eligible companies are Ontario-based automotive suppliers with up to 500 employees and annual revenues of $1 billion or less. Applicants must have a minimum of 2 years consecutive financial statements and attribute at least 50% of sales to the automotive sector. Applications open November 15th and will be first come first served.
Comments are closed