UP TO 90% GRANT FUNDING TO A MAXIMUM OF $80,000 FOR E-BUSINESS CREATION OR EXPANSION
The Agri-Food Open for E-Business program offers two funding Streams to support online market development for Ontario agriculture, agri-food and agri-products businesses/organizations (e.g. farmers, processors, farmers markets, on-farm markets, retailers, garden centres, greenhouses, nurseries, associations, etc.).
Steam 1: Provides up to 90% funding to a maximum of $5,000 towards establishing an E-business presence for retaining and/or expanding sales through selling directly to customers. Projects must begin no earlier than April 24,2020 and be completed by November 30, 2020
Steam 2: Provides up to 90% funding to a maximum of $75,000 towards projects that create new, expand or enhance e-business capabilities (including marketing and sales platforms for bringing products to customers), and/or towards projects that create and/or expand new markets and revenue streams. Projects must begin no earlier than April 24,2020 and completed by September 30, 2022
Eligible Activities include but not limited to:
- Development, enhancement and expansion of an online marketing/sales platform (e.g. e-commerce capability, website, online ordering, overall web presence)
- Initial or start-up licensing or subscription fees up to six months
- Domain acquisition
- Website design and graphic development
- Marketing (e.g. search engine optimization, web ads, building social media presence)
- Distribution system/model development
- Training key personnel on processes
- Initial development and validation of new operational processes, including creating processes for logistics of delivery through new marketing channels, shipping, delivery, fulfillment, warehousing and related transactions
- Minor facility modifications to address social distancing requirements that are directly related to the project (e.g. curb side pickup for online orders)
- Piloting sales practices and systems
- The market development and promotion of new “Ontario-only” branding that compete against another Province’s or Territory’s product.
- Business as usual expenses.
Applicants can apply for both Streams. Preference will be given to projects that have and benefit more than one eligible business.
Please note that obtaining funding will be highly competitive as the total program budget is $2.5 million.
Comments are closed