Canadian agri-food product trading houses and export brokers now eligible for $75,000 in funding
The CanExport program offers funding of up to 75% to a maximum of $75,000 for developing export markets. Eligible activities include, but are not limited to:
- Promoting including online advertising on social media, online marketplaces and social media plus Search Engine Optimization (up to $50,000)
- Hiring consultants for digital and e-commerce marketing as well as market research (up to $50,000)
- Translating, adapting or creating marketing materials.
- Securing legal advice as well as IP production and international certification
- Participating in online tradeshows including engaging interpreters and product promotion*
- In-person participation in tradeshows, trade missions, networking functions, meetings and conferences (once Covid-19 measures allow)
- Travel to target markets (once Covid-19 measures allow)
Applicant targeted country or subnational markets must have previously generated less than $100,000 in revenues or no more than 10% of entire sales. The United States is divided into 5 subnational markets and China, Brazil and India are divided into 4 subnational markets. Eligible applicants are Canadian incorporated/limited liability partnership businesses that have less than 500 full time employees and generate $100,000 to $100 million in annual sales revenue. Project expenses must be at least $20,000 to be considered for funding. Applicants can submit one application per government fiscal year (FYE March 31) but must have completed their initial export project prior to re-applying.
Comments are closed