Deadline in 3 Weeks!
Funding for the Agricultural Processing Sector
The Canadian Agricultural Partnership (Processors Stream) offers grants of up to 50% (25% to a maximum of $250,000 for equipment) towards increasing the sustainability, competitiveness and prosperity of Ontario’s agriculture processing sector. Eligible companies include food/pet food processors, agricultural-based pharmaceuticals/nutraceuticals, ornamentals (flowers, shrubs) and bio-products manufacturers, as well as other entities involved in the transformation of agricultural commodities and products. Funding is provided for projects that support plant/animal health, food safety/traceability, increased productivity, market development, or business planning/assessments. Eligible expenditures include but are not limited to:
- New technology, equipment, hardware or software (e.g. ERP systems) purchase, implementation and employee training
- Audits, assessments and planning
- Retrofits that lead to increased productivity/efficiency, improved plant/animal health, the development of new products, or the attainment of quality assurance and safety standards such as HACCP or BRC
- Product development, research, testing and related materials/supplies
- Engineering, scientific and other contracted professional services
- Market development and research, sales, promotional activities, travel and accommodation
Costs incurred before receiving approval are ineligible for reimbursement (note: it typically takes roughly 3 months for a decision to be made). Applicants must be based or establishing operations in Ontario, be able to demonstrate potential income of at least $30,000 within three years of applying, plus cannot use awarded funding to undermine other Canadian companies. A maximum of two applications may be submitted per intake. Next deadline for applications is May 8, 2018.
Comments are closed