FUNDING UP TO $1 MILLION FOR HIRING CONSULTANTS
LIMITED SUPPORT FOR NEW TECHNOLOGY PURCHASES
The Canadian Agricultural Strategic Priorities Program (CASPP) advertises up to 75% non-repayable funding (grant) to a maximum of $1 million towards collaborative projects that sustain the competitiveness of Canada’s agricultural sector. Eligible projects include:
- Adaptation to new technology: including investigation, development, piloting, commercialization or use of; robotics, temperature and/or moisture sensors, aerial images, and GPS technology.
- Environmental sustainability: including processes, procedures, tests, plans and technologies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, adapt to climate change, carbon capturing and technology transfer while sustaining/increasing productivity.
- Strategic planning and capacity building: including planning, developing and implementing strategies to introduce and accommodate new processes, policies, challenges, procedures and technologies (e.g., robotics, trade agreements)
- Emerging issues: including responding to urgent unforeseen circumstances that require an immediate response (e.g., public concerns, international market crisis, etc.)
Projects must involve or be supported by groups or individuals representing the agricultural sector (national or sector-wide), plus ultimately benefit private and public sector participants.
In most cases funding will be 50% of eligible costs. Eligible costs are:
- Capital Assets (e.g., new technologies) up to 25% of project costs.
- Consulting expenses
- Salaries and Benefits
- Administration fees up to 10% of project costs
Land and building purchases as well as in-kind contributions are not eligible for funding.
The program budget is $10 million. Projects will be evaluated on a first come, first serve basis and must end before March 31, 2024.
Comments are closed