Funding for the Commercial Greenhouse Sector
Up to $1 Million Grants Available!
The Greenhouse Competitiveness and Innovation Initiative (GCII) offers grants of up to 50% for projects that increase the competitiveness of Ontario’s commercial greenhouse sector and lead to the development/adoption of innovative technologies. Funding is offered to business partnerships as well as not-for-profit organizations for activities related to the following:
- Production & Market Development: Improve production efficiencies, diversify and accelerate market development
- Biosecurity: Improve biosecurity, resistance management and emergency preparedness
- Environment: Improve environmental stewardship and sustainability
Eligible expenses include project-related:
- Capital costs including shipping and installation to a maximum 50% of the total budget.
- Wages and benefits;
- Rental/lease of facilities, land and equipment;
- Design, printing and translation of promotional/educational materials;
- Research institution overhead (maximum 25% total budget);
- Travel, meals and accommodation
Applicants are encouraged to request funding of $50,000 to $1 million for projects ending no later than November 30, 2022. Ongoing operating expenses, building construction, land acquisitions plus costs expenses associated with achieving regulatory compliance are ineligible. Project costs already approved for funding by the Canadian Agricultural Partnership will not be considered. Regrettably, this program does not support competitiveness or innovation activities related to growing marijuana. The deadline to submit an application is June 19, 2020.
Comments are closed