Funding for Food Processors!
Intake Opens November 4
The Canadian Agricultural Partnership offers grants of up to 50% (25% to a maximum of $200,000 for equipment) towards increasing the sustainability, competitiveness and prosperity of Ontario’s agriculture and agri-food sector. Eligible companies include food, pet-food and beverage processors, equipment and technology manufacturers, ornamentals (flowers, shrubs), agricultural-based supplements and bio-products processors, as well as other entities involved in the transformation of agricultural commodities and products. Funding is offered for the following project categories*:
- Productivity Improvements: 25% up to $200,000 to purchase technology to increase labour productivity
- Business Assessments: 50% up to $15,000 for any start-up or scaling-up processing business that wants to identify or determine feasibility of growth and opportunities by analyzing trends, access to capital and business structure.
- Business Plans: 35% up to $15,000 for established and new businesses for plans to increase or improve financial sustainability, address growth needs and opportunities, and define concrete next steps.
- Marketing Plans: 35% up to $25,000 for established processors
- New Process or Product Development: 35% up to $75,000 for consultants and equipment to satisfy a new demand
- ERP System Implementation: 35% up to $100,000
- Food Safety and Traceability Pre-Audit, Gap Assessment and Planning: 45% up to $3,000 for companies with 100 or less employees
- Food Safety and Traceability System Improvements: 50% up to $75,000. For processors with 100 or less employees
- Food Safety and Traceability Training: 45% up to $1,500 for companies with 100 or less employees.
- Food Safety and Traceability Equipment: 35% up to $10,000 for companies with 100 or less employees
- Ingredient Efficiency and Waste Reduction: 25% up to $75,000 for technology that has been adopted by less than 20% of the Ontario sector
- Labour productivity Plans: 50% up to $25,000
- Domestic Market Development: 35% up to $50,000 for increasing Canadian market
- International Market Development: 35% up to $75,000
- Technology to Reduce Plant Pest Contamination and Risk: 35% up to $100,000
- Preventing Introduction and Spread of Pests through Isolation, Sanitation and Controlling Work Flow: 35% up to $50,000
Costs incurred before receiving approval are ineligible for reimbursement (note: it typically takes roughly 3 months for a decision to be made). Applicants must operate in Ontario and be able to demonstrate potential annual income of at least $30,000 within three years of applying. Funding may not be used to promote Ontario products over those of other provinces/territories. A maximum of two applications may be submitted per intake. Next intake deadline is November 26, 2019.
*Please note that the information included in this bulletin reflects past intakes. Project categories, funding amounts and other program details will be confirmed November 4.
Comments are closed