Government Funding for Western Canada!
Grant Supports Commercialization
The Western Innovation (WINN) Initiative offers 6-year interest-free loans of 50% up to $3.5 million towards commercializing a new technology (product, process or service) in Western Canada that is beneficial or applicable to one of the following clusters:
- Clean Technology
- Clean Resources
- Digital Technology
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Value added Agriculture
- Health/Bio Sciences
Eligible costs include:
- Quantifiable design, engineering and other professional services.
- Prototype development materials consumed.
- Transportation of prototype to location of demonstration site.
- Third party certification, testing, quality assurance, etc.
- Specialized insurance while items are onsite for demonstration.
- Material and supplies consumed in the product development and production stages.
- Machinery and equipment.
- Project-related labour.
- Procurement of project-related innovation services independent of the applicant, e.g. patenting
Companies are required to have less than 500 employees, be in operation for at least one year, and have a facility located in Western Canada (Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia). Additionally, companies must have a viable plan and IP rights to commercialize their new or improved product, process or service. Successful applicants are to repay contributions within six years of project completion; after a grace period of one year, 60 monthly payments must be made, after which, interest equal to the average bank rate plus 3% will be charged. Government contributions from all sources must including related research and development tax credits cannot exceed 50% of project cost. Deadline for applications is November 29, 2017.
Comments are closed