Grant Funding for Modernization and Improving Competitiveness
Less than 30 Days to Apply!
The Ontario Automotive Modernization Program (O-AMP) offers 50% grant funding up to $100,000 to automotive parts suppliers for:
- technology adoption: e.g. implementing advanced manufacturing hardware, software and/or training to improve processes and enhance competitiveness. This might include using logistical systems and investing in production hardware or software that digitize production tracking
- lean manufacturing: e.g. improving operational efficiency and competitiveness by using lean manufacturing techniques or hiring the services of a mentor/consultant to help with lean implementation.
Applicants must have two years financials, less than 500 employees and revenues not exceeding $1 billion, of which 50% must be generated from the automotive supply sector. Larger companies can apply in partnership with one or more small-medium supplier.
Applications need to address the following program objectives:
- Reduced design cycle times to rapidly respond to market changes and business opportunities with auto assemblers
- Encourage the adoption of new technologies (i.e., software and hardware) towards increasing efficiency and decreasing costs
- Increase sourcing capabilities to enhance export capabilities*
- Help identify and solve manufacturing problems, such as production bottlenecks and other inefficiencies
- Develop supplier capabilities, qualifications and innovation to support the competitiveness of Ontario auto assemblers
Funding is extremely limited! The application deadline is Friday, October 18, 2019.
*Need more funding for export market development? Check out our summary of the CanExport funding program.
Comments are closed