Grant to Reduce Environmental Impact
Funding Still Available!
The Climate Action Incentive Fund (CAIF) offers grants of 25% up to $250,000 for businesses to reduce energy usage, costs and/or GHG emissions. Eligible project types include, but are not limited to:
- Retrofitting, Upgrading and Improving Processes, Transportation and Buildings (e.g. energy efficient heating systems and process equipment, vehicle retrofits)
- Adopting New Electricity, Energy and Fuel Production Systems (e.g. solar photovoltaic, wind energy and micro-hydro systems)
- Waste Management (e.g. efficient use of inputs, reducing waste)
Funding is provided for expenditures such as:
- Capital Costs (e.g. equipment, materials, supplies)
- Salaries and Benefits
- Contracted Services (e.g. audits, engineering)
- Other Direct Project Costs (e.g. travel, licensing/permits, training)
Applicant companies must have less than 500 employees and be operating in Manitoba, Ontario, Saskatchewan or New Brunswick. Up to 5 applications may be submitted by one company, however total funding from CAIF will not exceed $250,000. To be considered for funding, businesses must be requesting at least $20,000 for projects ending no later than March 31, 2021.
Comments are closed