Ontario Farm Businesses Can Receive Up To $100,000 To Accommodate Social Distancing
The Farm Worker Safety Improvement Program offers 60% grant funding up to $100,0000 towards ensuring worker safety. Funding is offered to Ontario farm-registered businesses that produces agricultural commodities in Ontario. The farm business must involve intensive use of labour, where workers may operate within close proximity of each other, or are provided with on-site or off-site accommodations. Eligible program-related expenses:
- Added sanitation (cleaning and disinfection) and security requirements
- Adjustments to current processes and processing stations to accommodate physical distancing
- Adjustment to transportation to ensure physical distancing during movement within the operation or between accommodations and the operation.
- HVAC modifications or upgrades
- Equipment such as safety barriers (e.g. Plexiglass dividers)
- Purchase/rental/lease of additional on- or off-site housing and ancillary buildings (e.g., washrooms, kitchens, laundry facilities) for workers, portable or relocatable buildings, and/or installations/site modifications related to COVID-19 measures.
- Site modifications and/or transportation for wellness checks
- Disinfection and cleaning in the event of an outbreak
Non-disposable personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Body temperature screening/fever detection systems, including thermal scanners
- Washing stations
- Workstation dividers
- Full and half facepiece respirators
- Impact goggles and face shields
- Face masks and coverings
- Safety glasses
Worker training and safety protocols
- Interpretation services
- Training on COVID-19 protocols
All eligible project costs must be incurred on or after March 15, 2020 with a total value of $15,000 or more. Applications are to include a written plan that documents steps in place to limit the spread of disease throughout the operation. The written plan must be supported by the relevant union or health and safety committee, if applicable.
Comments are closed