Up to $100,000 for Greening Southern Ontario Manufacturers
Support to Make Companies Greener and More Competitive
The AIME Green program is offering 50% grant (non-repayable) funding up to $100,000 to Southern Ontario manufacturers towards costs related to workforce upskilling and retraining in adopting and adapting green manufacturing principles at the shop floor level.
To be eligible applicants must:
- Operate a manufacturing facility or facilities in Southern Ontario with 10 to 1000 employees.
- Have been continuously in business for at least three years (3 years); and demonstrate financial stability.
- Manufacture a specific product for sale in Ontario or elsewhere.
- Demonstrate adoption/adaption of greening technologies in products or manufacturing processes
The program will support training that leads to:
- the adaptation of new technology, processes, procedures, or policies supporting green innovation, increased competitiveness, and domestic and international market access.
- the development and advancement of highly skilled personnel in any subject matter leading to innovation or productivity improvements. This can include the development of new engineering skills; training in the use of new software, hardware or other tools necessary to support innovation; as well as adopting and adapting new technologies, manufacturing methods or other business activities leading to greater sustainability and competitiveness.
Eligible expenditures include contracted trainers, content and curriculum, trainee wages, travel, facility rentals, and materials/supplies. The program does not support capital purchases, including software and hardware (e.g.. computers)
First time applicants can receive 50% funding up to $100,000. Applicants, who have not received “AIME” (i.e., Yves Landry Foundation) support during the last 2 years can request 25% funding up to $100,000. Apply early as funding will be quickly allocated.
Comments are closed