UP TO $150,000 FOR PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
Program Supports Ontario Agri-Businesses
The Ontario Agri-Food Research Initiative: Commercialization Stream offers grant funding up to $150,000 to research, develop and commercialize innovative products and technologies. The program supports 2 project types:
- Type A – Market Validation: Maximum $30,000
- Conduct market research to determine the size and quality of market opportunities for a new technology, product, or service
- Type B – Product Development: Maximum $150,000
- Create prototypes, perform field trials, and optimize new products/processes/services
Eligible expenditures include:
- Internal employee labour;
- Consulting and professional services;
- Equipment* (up to 75% funding);
- Travel expenses,
- Other project-related costs.
Ontario-based agriculture, agri-food and agri-tech organizations may apply. The next deadline to submit an application is 11 January 2024.
*Note: Funding for equipment purchases, rentals and leases is limited to 30% of the total eligible project budget up to a maximum of $30,000
Comments are closed