Up To $2 million in Grant Funding for Commercializing Clean Processing Technologies
Funding to Pilot Energy Efficient Equipment
Canada’s Agricultural Clean Technology Program: Research and Innovation Stream will contribute 50% up to $2 million towards the research, development, demonstration and commercialization of transformative clean technologies or enabling expansion of current technologies in 3 priority areas:
- Green energy and energy efficiency including better management of energy intensive processes and technologies.
- Precision agriculture including management strategies that gather, process, and analyze data; and decision support tools and technologies that improve real time input use and nutrient management.
- Bioeconomy including technologies using agricultural waste and by-products for energy and bio-product generation.
Eligible activities are:
- Applied research and development of clean technologies*
- Piloting and evaluating clean technologies*
- Demonstration and knowledge and technology transfer activities*
- Commercializing and scaling up clean technologies **
- Other activities that support the Research and Innovation Stream as determined by the program
*Program funding for applied research, development, piloting and demonstration activities is non-repayable (i.e., a grant).
** Funding for commercialization and scale-up is a loan repayable over 10 years, 1 year after project completion.
Whereas the maximum program contribution is 50%, businesses that are 50% + owned by women, youth 35 years old or under, indigenous groups, visible minorities or persons with disabilities may receive up to 60% in support.
Eligible costs include equipment purchases, consulting, project administration (to a maximum of 10% of total project costs) and project-related salaries and wages.
Minimum applicant investment is $50,000 over 5 years (i.e., to 2026). This program is available to Canadian food processors as well as farmers. Total program budget is $100 million over 5 years.
Comments are closed