Up to $30,000 for Market Development!
Program Supports Ontario Companies Impacted by Trade Restrictions
The Market Access Initiative offers grants of 75% up to $30,000 for Ontario-based organizations involved in the agriculture, agri-food and agri-products sector to develop domestic and export markets. Eligible applicants include businesses and not-for-profit organizations that have been directly impacted by trade restrictions (e.g. tariffs). Funding is available for the following project types:
- Assessment and Planning for Market Development: 75% up to $20,000 for plans/assessments that lead to the development of new domestic/export markets (e.g. export plans, market analysis)
- Accessing Domestic or International Markets and Development of Products/Processes: 75% up to $30,000 for market development activities. Eligible costs include, but are not limited to:
- Packaging, label and brand development
- Product testing, samples and demonstrations
- Travel and tradeshow participation
- Translation services
- Sales, marketing and promotional activities/materials
Cost incurred before receiving approval are ineligible for reimbursement, as are ongoing operational expenses. Projects that last more than 6 months or that aim to promote Ontario products over those of other provinces/territories will not be considered for funding.
Comments are closed