Up to $300,000 for Interactive Digital Media Development
The Production and Concept Definition component of the Ontario Interactive Digital Media Fund offers grant funding for projects such as e-learning content, mobile content applications, digital publishing projects and other web properties, video games, XR content projects, video and web series. Areas of “linear and non-linear” funding are:
- Concept Definition: 50% up to $50,000 for early-stage activities for moving towards the production of a market-ready content project. The types of activities that may be supported include but are not limited to prototype creation, preparation of pre-production documents and pitch material, business planning and research.
- Production: 50% up to $300,000 for the creation of a market-ready content project that will be released to end users. The types of projects that may be supported include but are not limited to video games, mobile content apps, e-learning content, XR experiences with substantial interactive content, digital publishing projects, video content and other web properties.
To be eligible, applicants must have at least:
- 25% of revenue or 50% of expenditures over the previous two fiscal years coming from the creation of completed screen-based content projects or
- 50% revenues over the previous two fiscal years comes from eligible publishing activities as described in the Ontario Creates Book Fund and Ontario Creates Magazine Fund.
- one owner or full-time employee with a minimum full-time equivalent of three years of experience in the creation of professional, commercialized content for interactive platforms, networks or devices.
Additionally, applicants having less than a year of operation or yet to release a product must:
- have an executive team including at least one owner or full-time employee with a minimum full-time equivalent of three years of experience in creating professional, commercialized content for interactive platforms, networks or devices or in the publishing industry. Work completed while enrolled in a post-secondary education program is not considered professional content creation.
Those interested in applying should first discuss their project with a program representative. Deadlines for applications are 5:00 p.m. April 12, 2021 by 5:00 pm and August 30, 2021.
Comments are closed