UP TO $500,000 FOR ALBERTA BUSINESSES
Support to Encourage GHG and Energy Reduction
Alberta’s Energy Savings for Business Program advertises up to 50% grant funding to a maximum of $500,000 towards the planning, purchase, and installation of well-proven energy efficient technologies. These technologies include but not limited to:
- HVAC systems: efficient boilers, hot water tanks, furnaces, pipe insulation
- Fan and pump motor upgrades, including the installation of variable frequency drive units
- Electronic building automation systems to control temperature, airflow, and even lighting across the facility.
- Lighting projects: replacement of outdated lighting systems, addition of automation, etc.
- Installation of alternate on-site power sources such as solar photovoltaic and combined heat and power systems
- Specific measure to industry/facility needs (e.g., restaurant, manufacturing)
- Insulation/building envelope/air sealing
Eligible Alberta businesses include: farms, food processors, forestry/paper, manufacturers, energy generators, warehouse/wholesale trade, restaurants and not-for-profits. Applicants can submit up to 2 applications requesting a maximum of $250,000 per application for purchases made beginning November 2, 2020 and completed within the next 6 to 12 months. Funding is limited and will be awarded on a first come first serve basis.
Comments are closed