UP TO $500,000 FOR REPLACING IMPORTED TECHNOLOGIES AND PRODUCTS.
Support for pilot projects and plants
British Columbia’s Accelerating Manufacturing Scale-Up Grant Program will contribute 75% up to $250,000 in grant funding towards developing and commercializing innovative ideas or increasing supply chain resiliency by manufacturing critical goods currently being relied on through international markets. The funding is available to incorporated B.C. processors and manufacturers (e.g., aerospace, shipbuilding, food processing, forestry) with 2 to 149 employees, and have files B.C. taxes for no less than a 12-month period. An eligible project can include any of the following activities:
New technology prototyping, piloting or demonstration
- Trialing production efficiency methods
- Pilot project design and construction for a potential customer,
- Pilot plant commissioning, plus mechanical systems testing,
- Data collection and recording
- Equipment, capital investment
New technology and/or product commercialization
- Supporting patenting/IP protection
- Product features and performance validation, testing and certification.
- Preparing reports and documentation
- Accessing co-manufacturing capacity
- Supply chain support or business development to enter new markets.
- process and operational improvements to increase production capacity, profitability or competitiveness,
- technology assessment to identify opportunities for systems, processes, and/or equipment improvement. Such assessment should focus on manufacturing modernization, building resilience, and developing new revenue generating opportunities.
Multiple businesses can apply together but the maximum funding is $500,000. Please note that the minimum requests for funding for all applicants is $50,000. Projects must be completed by January 31, 2022. The deadline for applications is Monday, May 31, 2021.
Comments are closed