GOVERNMENT INCENTIVES SUPPORT THE RESOURCE SECTOR
Resource based companies have been the economic lifeline of many remote and rural communities. R&D tax credits, exploration tax credits, government grants and interest free loans are available as incentives to mining and forest sector businesses to become more efficient, reduce waste, improve the environment, increase sales, train employees and find work for laid off staff.
Abitibi Consolidated Inc. • Battle Mountain Gold Company • Cascade Fine Paper Group • Denison Mines Ltd. Canada • Domtar Canada Corporation • Falconbridge Ltd. • INCO Inc. • Luzenac Inc. • Marathon Pulp Inc.• Noranda Minerals Ltd. • Rio Algome Ltd. • St. Marys Paper Ltd.
INAC has secured funding for:
- Testing the use of wood sludge as a cover for reducing acid leeching on mine tailing ponds
- Demonstrating freeze wall technology for open pit mining
- Using fish to identify harmful effluents in pulp water discharge
- Developing temporary shelters using recycled corrugate
- Using talc and starch as a filler in coated paper
- Marketing of eco-tourism on managed forestry lands
- Using pulp and fiberboard waste for bio-energy
- Labor force reduction by offering workers back to school and start your own business incentives