Support for Businesses Innovation in a Martian Weather
Manitoba’s Innovation Growth Program (IGP) offers 50% grant (non-repayable) funding up to $100,000 to businesses with less than 100 employees or sales under $15 million.
Eligible applicants can apply for the following activities under IGP:
- Development of new innovative products and processes: building prototypes, testing, trial runs in an operational environment, obtaining certification, and registering intellectual property. Tooling may be eligible if required as part of the prototyping or production process. Innovation in the context of the IGP is defined as a product or process that is not currently available in the market.
- Commercializing market ready innovative products or processes: adapting commercially viable products for a new market, market development or expansion activities, and scale up activities, such as testing, obtaining certifications, packaging, translation, etc.
- Net new Manitoba employee hires (internal labour): salaries and wages for net new Manitoba employees directly working on an approved project. Support for new Manitoba hires is capped at 50% of total funding received under IGP.
Eligible costs include:
- Designing and building of prototypes
- Tools, moulds,
- Testing costs,
- Product modifications for a new market
- Third party advisory, technical services certifications and legal fees associated with I.P. registration.
- Business to business tradeshows or events intended to secure distributors.
- Internal labour of net new Manitoba hires directly working on the project (capped at 50% of total funding received under IGP).
- The program does not pay be equipment purchases.
Open to for-profit, taxable Canadian Controlled Private Corporations with a permanent establishment in Manitoba that pay at least 50% of total salaries and wages to Manitoba resident employees. Application deadline is June 15, 2021.
Comments are closed