Support for Ontario Food Processors to Increase Employee Social Distancing
Funding to Purchase Small Capital Items to Reduce Line Worker Congestion
Ontario’s Enhanced Agri-food Workplace Protection Program (Stream #1: Prevention and Protection) is offering up to 60% in grant funding to a maximum of $50,000 towards prevention and mitigation measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19 among agri-food workers/employees. Ontario primary food processors (i.e., cutting, cleaning, packaging, storage and refrigeration of fruit and vegetables), farmers including fish and aquaculture), on-farm service providers, (e.g., truckers, barn cleaners, auction houses, etc.), agri-food organizations, as well as food and beverage processors are eligible for support. Regrettably, pet food and animal feed processors, as well as retailer and restaurants are not eligible.
Funding is available for:
Physical Distancing Measures
- Workplace minor modifications to allow for proper health and safety measures and physical distancing (for example, barriers, touchless systems, washrooms/wash stations). (This does not include housing modifications).
- Purchase of agriculture/agri-food equipment / machinery that would enable physical distancing.
- Purchases for communal workplace eating areas that would enable physical distancing as follows:
- one dining set with table and chairs in good condition for every 10 workers
- one microwave for every 10 workers
- one oven and stove (with minimum of 4 functional burners) available for every 6 workers
- one refrigerator (able to keep foods at 4?C or lower), with sufficient space for food storage, must be provided for every 6 workers
Preventing Disease Spread
- Medical equipment (for example, body temperature remote sensors, thermometers, and COVID-related testing equipment)
- Vaccination costs not covered by the Government of Canada or the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP)
Enhanced sanitization and disinfection
- Third-party providing specialized sanitization, disinfection, and sterilizing services to prevent the further spread of COVID?19.
Translation services for training, testing and vaccinations
- Arm’s length translation services required for COVID-related training, testing and COVID?19 vaccinations.
Air circulation and filtration in enclosed work environments
- New/upgraded COVID?19 related air circulation and air filtration required for enclosed work environments. Not for congregate housing.
- COVID-related worksite mobility and transportation expenses to enable workers/employees to access the work site or vaccine clinics and transportation to/from airport to meet quarantine requirements (for example, car rental/bus rental/taxi services)
Ineligible expenses include but not limited to ongoing costs of business, major equipment and wearable technology purchases and the buying, construction and/or modification of congregate housing. Eligible expenses must be dated between February 16, 2022, and February 28, 2023, inclusive. Deadline for applications is 17:00 hr. Tuesday, January 31, 2023, however, the program may close earlier if all funding has been allocated.
Comments are closed